Fed up with everyday struggles and stress?
Chronic anxiety affects your emotional health as well as your mental and physical well-being.
Meditation helps you deal with stress and pressure, so you can relax and become more productive. Regular meditation sessions will bring more tranquility to your life, so you can focus on the bigger picture.
Using the best meditation apps will allow you to devote time for your mental and spiritual well-being. You can use these apps to fight off depression and insomnia.
But sometimes you just can’t find the time to start meditating, or you wonder about the best way to do it.
Here, you’ll find useful information about different apps that you can download to your smartphone or any other smart device.
You’ll practice mindfulness and adequate breathing that bring more harmony and balance to your life. Check them out and pick the one that suits you.
Table of Contents
Reviews of the Best Meditation Apps
How do I do it? How much time do I have to meditate? It’s normal to ask yourself these questions. Although meditation is supposed to make you feel relaxed, practicing it can be a bit stressful, especially for beginners.
These mindfulness apps are guaranteed to improve the quality of your life. Here are some of the best apps that you can download.
1. Sam Harris Waking Up
This meditation app is developed by Sam Harris, a renowned philosopher and neuroscientist who designs meditation courses for beginners and experienced meditators.
As a comprehensive guide, this app works to help you go through the introductory phase as you explore the world of meditation. The initial phase of 50 days is followed by daily rituals that improve your mental, spiritual, and physical well-being.
Sam Harris offers a set of lessons that teach you how to improve your practice. The first 5 days of the introductory course are free to download, so you can take a glimpse of what you’re about to buy.
It’s quite beneficial to listen to tips from someone who has a unique perspective, although some users tend to experience some login issues.
- Developed by a renowned author.
- A comprehensive guide that offers an introductory phase followed by daily rituals.
- Free trial for 5 daily rituals.
- Costs money to keep on receiving lessons.
- Login issues.
2. Prana Breath
For hundreds of years, controlling your breathing has been associated with improving your mental and spiritual health. Modern science also agrees with this breathing technique that will improve the health of your body and mind.
The app prompts you to regulate your breathing for 7 to 15 minutes per day and the results are quite impressive.
You’ll experience an improvement in your concentration, memory, and attention, in addition to more physical endurance and resistance to anxiety and stress.
It’s available for Android users only, so if you’re an IOS user, this isn’t the right app for you. There are 8 different breathing patterns for various purposes so you can start experimenting with them until you find the one that suits you.
Most breathing patterns are derived from Tibetan, Sufi, and Pranayama teachings. Moreover, there are special modes that can help you fight off overeating or smoking. However, it lacks basic explanation so you might feel a bit confused about what to do at the beginning.
- Breathing app that helps you fight off anxiety, improve the quality of your sleep, and increase productivity.
- Derived from ancient teachings.
- Special breathing practice to help you quit smoking and overeating.
- Female and male voices that you can easily adjust.
- Not available for IOS users.
- Doesn’t come with lots of explanations so might be a bit confusing.
3. Insight Timer
This one is available for Android and IOS users and won several awards. It provides guided meditation from mindfulness experts, healers, and psychologists who will teach you how to calm your mind and fight anxiety.
You’re able to browse lots of free features including thousands of meditation lessons to build a healthy routine. Moreover, there are milestones that can help you track your progress.
Users can try several meditation types to pick the one they like. You can also join support groups that bring people together so they can work towards self-growth and love.
For a fee, you’ll gain access to more advanced features like the insight courses, daily insight, and high-quality audios that you can play offline.
However, there are a few glitches that you might encounter if you keep on using the free version for a long period.
- Available for Android and IOS.
- Guided meditation lessons from teachers and psychologists.
- Free and paid features for mindfulness.
- Some glitches with recent updates.
4. Meditation and Relaxation by Fitness22
This app offers a practical guide for beginners who want to try meditation for the first time. It’s available for IOS and Android users and will walk you through the simplest practices of meditation in 7 days.
You can try meditation for beginners, for stress relief, improving your sleep quality, and much more. The app will walk you through the mindfulness journey so you can advance according to your own pace.
What sets this app apart is that it offers beginners’ lessons so that you don’t feel overwhelmed or confused.
If you purchase the forever plan, you’ll gain unlimited access to relaxation and mindfulness lessons that aim at helping you deal with daily pressure and stress.
The free trial is a bit short, so you might be a bit skeptical about buying the full paid version. Moreover, users wished there were more options concerning the soothing voice as some people might not find it soothing enough.
- Available for IOS and Android users.
- Simple lessons for beginners.
- Free trial that shows you the benefits of the full purchase.
- A single voice option.
- Free trial period is too short.
5. Let’s Meditate
This mediation app is available for Android users only.
It provides lessons for guided meditation which is a great option if you’re a beginner and don’t know how to start your meditation journey.
It offers guided meditation that helps you improve the quality of your life and overcoming stress. As you unwind, you will experience more productivity and prosperity.
Beginners will wake up to a meditation lesson that takes them through a journey of self-discovery. However, some users think that the meditation voice is a bit disturbing and there are no other options available.
Moreover, the app requires a big storage space so you might need to expand the memory on your device to be able to access it.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Guided meditation sessions to experience self-growth.
- Some meditations have poor sound quality.
6. Omvana App
This app is only available for IOS users. It’s like having your own mindfulness teacher who walks you through a journey of self-discovery.
It’s free and recently has gone through various updates that fixed many bugs. You can still buy extra tracks to enjoy the mindfulness experience to the fullest.
Installing this app will teach you how to get over negative emotions quickly. You can view several options and choose the right one to help you handle any pressure.
Moreover, as you advance with your meditation abilities, there will be more options available for intermediate and experienced users.
You’ll need lots of storage space, so you should take that into consideration before installing it. Having the opportunity to change the mediation voice is a plus, as some users find it annoying.
- Suitable meditation plans for beginners, as well as intermediate and experienced users.
- Allows you to advance according to your own pace.
- The ability to purchase extra tracks.
- Changing the sound of the guided session.
- Tracks are expensive compared to other apps.
- The voice in the introductory phase is rather annoying.
How Do Meditation Apps Work?
Beginners usually find meditation a bit overwhelming. You want to try it but you think you don’t have the time or the energy to do it right.
An app is an easy way to help you discover the world of mindfulness and tranquility.
It will walk you through the process of learning how to love and understand your inner self so you can work towards achieving your goals and dreams.
Why Do I Need to Buy a Meditation App?
You live a busy life and this is the reason why you’re suffering from anxiety.
Downloading a simple and easy to access app will remind you to take some time off and focus on your inner self. Here are some of the benefits of practicing meditation on a daily basis.
- Reducing stress is the number one factor why people are interested in meditation apps. Stress messes up with our hormones leading to several physical, mental, and emotional issues. Meditation helps you to unwind bringing down your cortisol or stress hormone to its normal level.
- Improving the quality of your sleep is a guaranteed benefit. You probably feel that you can’t sleep well because of the ideas that keep on racing in your mind. Meditation will teach you to give yourself a break.
- Are you struggling with a distorted self-image? Do you have questions about your self-worth? Using a meditation app regularly will help your mind as you push the negative thoughts away and focus on the big picture.
- Understanding your strengths is what you need to achieve success. Meditation opens up your eyes to the goods associated with self-discovery and love. The right things will fall into place as you attract more positivity to your life.
- Meditation improves your attention span. As you give your mind a chance to unwind and break free, you’re actually recharging it so you can focus on more challenging tasks.
Installing a good app will allow you to experience its real value as you become a different person on so many levels.
You’re still yourself, only a better version that can handle pressure and attracts more positive thoughts and creativity.
Also want book recommendations? Here are the best personal development books for personal transformation.