How we think of gratitude can vary from person to person.
The definition can be thought of as a moral virtue, an attitude, an emotion, a habit, a personality trait, and a coping response.
But overall, we can probably agree that to be grateful means to appreciate what is valuable and meaningful to oneself which represents a general state of thankfulness and/or appreciation.
However you think about it, developing gratitude as a habit can improve your wellbeing and make a huge impact on your life.
And how do you make such a way of being a habit?
There are many ways to develop healthy habits, but the most effective is to repeat the same thing everyday.
Behavioral habits like going to the gym or writing everyday maybe fairly difficult to stick to as this takes time out of your day and requires a level of will power.
Developing an attitude of gratitude however, shouldn’t be so difficult.
The main reason for this is that it only takes your thoughts to be grateful of something and reading gratitude affirmations and even saying them out loud takes no time at all.
To go a step further, an affirmation for gratitude written down everyday will start to develop the habit of being grateful.
Why Use Affirmations of Gratitude?
So if you spend just a couple of minutes everyday writing out positive affirmations of what you’re grateful for just before you go to bed, you’ll soon start to wake up thinking grateful thoughts automatically.
And as your emotions are created by your thoughts, thinking of what you’re grateful for will soon turn into what you feel.
I give thanks for my permanent happiness, my permanent health, my permanent wealth, my permanent love.Florence Scovel Shinn
45 Affirmations to Help Develop a Habit of Gratitude
Here’s a list of affirmations that you can use to build a habit of being grateful and appreciate the great things in life.
1. I live in a state of gratitude.
2. I always receive exactly what I ask for and I appreciate that.
3. My thanksgiving extends far beyond my thoughts; I bring a grateful spirit to each step and action I take.
4. I am eternally grateful for the love I am capable of giving, and for the love I have yet to receive.
You may also like: 30+ Songs About Gratitude and Being Thankful
5. I am grateful now, and that is keeping the door open for more blessings.
6. I am so happy and grateful now that money comes to me in increasing amounts, from various sources, in fun and enjoyable ways, on a consistent basis.
7. I see the beauty in nature that surrounds me.
8. The more you pay attention to what’s already working in your life, the better it gets.
9. I’m always going to be able to find something to appreciate around me.
10. I am thankful for my pets and their warmth.
11. If I approach this situation/experience/person with appreciation, I will be held in the arms of abundance.
12. I partner with peace today, and I do this through the power of keeping a grateful heart.
13. I see animals as sacred and appreciate the gifts they give.
14. I am learning to be grateful for what I have while being excited for what has yet to come.
15. I am so powerful. I can achieve anything I set my heart to. And I am so grateful.
16. I fully accept the joy that wants to surface in my life, and I accept it now in gratitude.
17. I am the co-creator of my reality.
18. Things keep getting better and better, and I am so grateful.
Recommended For You: 150+ Powerful Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
19. I am seeing improvements and I am grateful for all of them.
“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.”Ralph H. Blum
20. Whatever I see, I trust that the universe is supporting my highest good. I choose to see this season of my life, then, through the eyes of appreciation, as best as I can.
21. My thanksgiving is perpetual; it survives every obstacle because I am willing to keep it alive.
22. I appreciate everything I have in my life and always keep the door open for more blessings.
23. I am grateful for my dreams and desires because I know that they are manifesting now.
24. I am grateful for excellent health, prosperity and true love.
25. My life is filled with an abundance of goodness.
26. I am grateful for this moment.
27. I am thankful for learning and growing.
28. Each day even if it’s for a few minutes I’m going to stop and be grateful for all of life’s beauty.
29. In truth, my gratitude is an absolute magnet for the manifestation of all that I want.
30. I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
31. The feeling of gratefulness expands my perspective and opens me up to new ways of living happily in this world; it’s as if the whole universe is in my heart.
32. Give thanks for your ability to give anything in life, even if all you can give is a “thank you.”
33. I am grateful for my best friend.
34. I give thanks that my request has already been fulfilled.
35. The universe supports me and all my desires.
36. I am so happy and grateful now that financial ease, flow, and abundance feel completely natural to me.
37. Thank you, Universe for the fun, wealth, joy, and fulfillment that is on the way.
38. I am worthy of being loved, being happy and doing what brings me joy.
39. I am so grateful for supportive friends and a loving family.
40. I accept my burdens and I accept my blessings, and so I transform my burdens into my blessings.
41. I joyfully embrace each new day with gratitude.
42. All challenges are an opportunity for growth and I am thankful for the chance to evolve.
43. I welcome all of the ways the universe wants to bless me.
44. I experience gratitude for everything I have in my life.
45. I choose to see peace instead. I am willing to trust that my life is exactly as it’s meant to be. I can relax a little and be thankful for what I have now.
46. I choose to be thankful for the light of this new morning, and for renewed energy and strength to be who I know I can be.
Affirmations are a great way to bring more gratitude into your life. And the more grateful you are about the finer things in life, the more appreciative you become about life in general.
Gratitude is a way of being and raises your awareness to positive things. You can use affirmations to develop a habit of being grateful.
Share your favourite affirmation for gratitude in the comments below. I’d love to hear what you’re grateful for in life.